Terms of Service
1. Acceptance of Terms of ServicePLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE ("Agreement") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING OUR SERVICE. Betsociety ("Betsociety") operates websites (collectively, the "Site"), provides various apps, games and social networks (the "Apps"), and offers certain other features, content, or contests from time to time (collectively, "Additional Features") (the Site, Apps, and Additional Features shall hereinafter sometimes be collectively referred to as the "Service"). The Agreement you are reading is a legal agreement between Betsociety and yourself ("you"). By accessing or using any Service you agree that you have read, understood, accept and agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree to this Agreement, do not use the Service. Betsociety reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to revise or modify this Agreement at any time, and you agree to be bound by such revisions or modifications. Users are responsible for viewing this Agreement periodically. Your continued use of the Service after a change or modification of this Agreement has been made will constitute your acceptance of the revised Agreement. If you do not agree to the Agreement your only remedy is to discontinue your use of the Service and to cancel any accounts you have created using the Service. If you violate the Agreement, Betsociety reserves the right to issue you a warning regarding the violation or immediately terminate or suspend any or all accounts you have created using the Service. You agree that Betsociety need not provide you notice before terminating or suspending your account(s), but it may provide such notice in its sole discretion. You agree that Betsociety may change any part of the Service, including its content, at any time or discontinue the Service or any part thereof, for any reason, without notice to you and without liability. The Service is intended for use by those 21 or older for amusement purposes only. You declare that you are 13 years old or older. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, you declare that your legal guardian has reviewed and agrees to this Agreement.
2. Certain Definitions
3. License Grant and RestrictionsBetsociety grants to you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license to use and display the following: (a) the portions of the Service that are accessible from the Site without payment or made accessible from third party websites or sources via Betsociety's authorization without payment, and (b) such other portions of the Service accessible on a "for-payment" basis, provided that you have paid the applicable fees and met the applicable conditions. The foregoing license is (i) solely for your personal, non- commercial use; (ii) solely for a single computer to access the Site and solely on a Device to access applications; and (iii) subject to your compliance with this Agreement.
You agree not to do or attempt to do any of the following:
4. Account Registration and ConfidentialityBy registering through the Service to play Betsociety games and access Betsociety services, we will establish an internal account specific to you as a user ("Account"). As part of this registration process, you may be requested to provide information about yourself in order to use the Service. You agree to provide and maintain true, accurate, complete and current information as requested by the Service. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, incomplete or not current, Betsociety has the right to suspend or terminate your Account and may prohibit you from using the Service at any time. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account. You agree to notify Betsociety immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security related to your Account. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account whether or not you have knowledge of those activities
5. Service MaterialsThe Service Materials are protected by applicable laws in both the United States and other jurisdictions, including but not limited to intellectual property laws. Any use, copying and/or dissemination of the Service Materials may be restricted by such laws. You agree not to (nor attempt to) license, modify, copy, publish, sell, transfer, transmit or exploit in any way, any portion of the Service or Service Materials.
6. OwnershipBetsociety and its licensors own all right, title and interest in and to the Service and the Service Materials, except for Your Content (as defined below) and except as otherwise expressly set forth in this Agreement. You shall not acquire any ownership rights whatsoever by downloading Service Materials or by purchasing any Virtual Currency or Virtual Goods (each as defined below).
7. User Content/Your ContentAll User Content is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such User Content originated. Betsociety has no obligation to review, evaluate or otherwise monitor any User Content for any quality, including but not limited to accuracy or legality. Betsociety makes no warranties or other guarantees with respect to User Content and hereby disclaims any and all such warranties or guarantees. Your use of the Service is at your own risk. By using the Service, you may be exposed to User Content that is offensive, indecent or otherwise not in line with your expectations. You bear all risks associated with, the use of any User Content available in connection with the Service. Betsociety shall not be liable in any way for any User Content made available via the Service, including but not limited to any errors or omissions in any such User Content or any loss or damage of any kind resulting from any use of such User Content. You may notify Betsociety of User Content that you believe violates this Agreement, or other inappropriate user behavior, by following the process described on our contact page located at https://betsociety.net Notwithstanding the foregoing, Betsociety reserves the right in its sole discretion to review, monitor, prohibit, edit, delete, disable access to or otherwise make unavailable any User Content (including without limitation Your Content) without notice for any reason or for no reason at any time. You agree that Your Content is not confidential and will not be returned to you. You warrant that Your Content is original to you and that you own all rights to Your Content, including the right to grant all of the rights and licenses in this Agreement without Betsociety incurring any obligations to any third party or liability arising out of its exercise of such rights and licenses. You hereby grant to Betsociety an irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, worldwide license (including the right to sublicense and assign to third party) and right to copy, reproduce, fix, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, manufacture, commercialize, publish, distribute, sell, license, sublicense, transfer, lease, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, or provide access to electronically, broadcast, communicate to the public by telecommunication, display, perform, enter into computer memory, and use and practice, in any way, your User Content as well as all modified and derivative works thereof in connection with our provision of the Service, including marketing and promotions of the Service. You also hereby grant to Betsociety the right to authorize others to exercise any of the rights granted to Betsociety under this Agreement. You further hereby grant to Betsociety the unconditional, irrevocable right to use and exploit your name, likeness and any other information or material included in any User Content and in connection with any User Content, without any obligation to you. Except as prohibited by law, you waive any rights of attribution and/or any moral rights you may have in Your Content, regardless of whether Your Content is altered or changed in any manner. Betsociety does not claim any ownership rights in Your Content and nothing in this Agreement is intended to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit Your Content. Betsociety has no obligation to monitor or enforce your intellectual property rights in or to Your Content. Betsociety has no obligation to accept, display, review, maintain or otherwise exploit any User Content.
8. Virtual Currency and Virtual GoodsThe Service may include Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods. You have no right, title or interest in or to any such Virtual Goods or Virtual Currency appearing or originating in the Service except for the following: You will have a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to use, solely within the Service, Virtual Goods and Virtual Currency that you have earned, purchased or otherwise obtained in a manner authorized by Betsociety. Betsociety may manage, regulate, control, modify or eliminate Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods at any time, with or without notice. Betsociety shall have no liability to you or any third party in the event that Betsociety exercises any such rights. The transfer of Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods is prohibited except where expressly authorized in the Service. Other than as expressly authorized in the Service, you shall not sell, redeem or otherwise transfer Virtual Currency or Virtual Goods to any person or entity, including but not limited to Betsociety, another User or any third party. You understand and agree that all sales of Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods are final and non-refundable, unless Betsociety (or the applicable third party platform provider) decides in its sole discretion to provide a refund. You agree that in the event that this Agreement, your Account, the Service as a whole or the applicable portion of the Service is terminated or discontinued for any reason, you will forfeit all Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods. Betsociety will have no liability to you in connection with that forfeiture.
9. Restrictions and RulesAs a condition of your use of the Service, and without limiting your other obligations under this Agreement, you agree to comply with the restrictions and rules set forth in this Section as well as any additional restrictions or rules (such as application-specific rules) set forth in the Service itself.
10. Feedback"Feedback" means any comments, suggestions or other feedback about, related to or in connection with, the Service that you provide to Betsociety. You agree that any Feedback shall be the exclusive property of Betsociety, and you hereby assign to Betsociety all rights, title and interest in and to all Feedback. You agree that, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, Betsociety may, without any compensation to you, use, sell and otherwise disclose or exploit the Feedback in any way and for any purpose.
12. Trademarks" Betsociety," the Betsociety logo and other logos and product and service names are trademarks and service marks of, and are owned by, Betsociety or the Betsociety Parties. You may not use or display such trademarks in any manner, except as expressly set forth in this Agreement. All third party trademarks and service marks appearing on the Service are the property of their respective owners and all rights therein are reserved.
13. Links to Third Party WebsitesThe Service may contain links to third party websites or resources. Betsociety may remove any such links at any time for any reason or for no reason. You acknowledge and agree that Betsociety is not responsible or liable for the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources, or the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Such links do not imply any endorsement by Betsociety of, or relationship of Betsociety with, such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You shall have sole responsibility for and you assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
14. TerminationYou may terminate your Account at any time and for any reason by following the process described on our contact page located at https://betsociety.net informing Betsociety that you wish to terminate your Account. Betsociety may terminate this Agreement, your Account, your access to the Service, the Service itself or any portion of the Service at any time and for any reason. Betsociety may also notify authorities or take any actions it deems appropriate (including without limitation suspending your Account and your access to the Service), without notice to you if Betsociety suspects or determines that you may have failed to comply with any provision of this Agreement or any other Betsociety policy or rule, or engaged in actions relating to or in the course of using the Service that may be illegal or cause liability, harm or other disruption for you, Betsociety, any third party or the Service itself. As the result of any termination, you will lose your Account and all associated information and data, which may include without limitation your game history, avatars, characters, achievements and Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods. You will not be entitled to and Betsociety will not be liable to you or any third party for any refund, reimbursement or other liability as a result of any termination (by you or by Betsociety) permitted under this Agreement for any reason. Betsociety reserves the right in its discretion to refuse to maintain an Account for, or provide the Service to, any individual. this Agreement will remain effective until terminated. You agree that the following sections of this Agreement will survive any termination of this Agreement, your Account or the Service: Section 5 (Service Materials); Section 6 (Ownership); Section 7 (User Content/Your Content); Section 8 (Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods); Section 10 (Feedback), Section 12 (Trademarks); Section 13 (Links to Third Party Websites); Section 14 (Termination); Section 15 (Disputes Between You and Other Users), Section 16 (Indemnification); Section 17 (Disclaimers of Warranties); Section 18 (Limitation of Liability); Section 19 (Governing Law and Equitable Remedies); Section 20 and Section 21 (General Provisions).
15. Disputes between You and Other UsersYou are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service and other parties that you come in contact with through your use of the Service. Betsociety reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor and manage disputes between you and other users of the Service. You will fully cooperate with Betsociety to investigate any suspected unlawful, fraudulent or improper activity, including, without limitation, granting Betsociety access to any password-protected portions of your Account. Betsociety hereby disclaims any and all liability to you or any third party relating to any dispute between you and other users of the Service.
16. IndemnificationYou agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Betsociety Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses, fees (including reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs) due to or arising from information in your Account, any information you (or anyone accessing the Service using your Account) submit, post or transmit through the Service, as well as your (or anyone accessing the Service using your Account):
17. Disclaimer of WarrantiesYOU AGREE THAT THE SERVICE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ALL USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER BETSOCIETY NOR ITS AFFILIATES (DEFINED BELOW) OR SUBSIDIARIES, NOR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, ATTORNEYS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, DISTRIBUTORS, LICENSEES OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "BETSOCIETY PARTIES") WARRANT THAT (A) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR (B) THE SERVICE MATERIALS OR USER CONTENT WILL BE VIEWABLE OR ACCESSIBLE OR (C) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE. "AFFILIATE" MEANS ANY ENTITY THAT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY CONTROLS, IS UNDER COMMON CONTROL, OR IS CONTROLLED BY BETSOCIETY INC.
18. Limitation of LiabilityTHE BETSOCIETY PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF REVENUES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (HOWEVER SUCH LOSSES ARE QUALIFIED), ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SERVICE ITSELF, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ANY BETSOCIETY PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE BETSOCIETY PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR MORE THAN THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO BETSOCIETY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT IN THE SIX (6) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH YOU FIRST ASSERT A CLAIM. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID ANY AMOUNT TO BETSOCIETY DURING SUCH TIME PERIOD, YOUR SOLE REMEDY (AND THE BETSOCIETY PARTIES' EXCLUSIVE LIABILITY) FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH BETSOCIETY OR THE BETSOCIETY PARTIES IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICE AND TO CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for certain types of damages. Accordingly, some of the above disclaimers and limitations may not apply to you. To the extent that Betsociety or any other Betsociety Party may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any warranty or limit its liability as set forth herein, the scope of such warranty and the extent of Betsociety's and any Betsociety Party's liability shall be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
19. Governing Law and Equitable RemediesThis Agreement and any claim related to this Agreement or to the Service itself will be governed by the laws of the Republic of Korea without reference to its conflict of laws provisions. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any action with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement will be courts located in Seoul, Republic of Korea, and each of the parties hereto waives any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts. The parties specifically disclaim application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. You acknowledge that your breach of this Agreement may result in immediate and irreparable harm to Betsociety for which remedies at law are inadequate. Accordingly, Betsociety shall be entitled to seek injunctive or other equitable relief (without the obligation to post any bond) in the event of any breach or anticipatory breach by you of this Agreement. You hereby irrevocably waive all rights to seek injunctive or other equitable relief.
20. Copyright IssuesBetsociety respects the intellectual property of others and asks that users of Betsociety's games and services do the same. Accordingly, without limiting any other provision of this Agreement, you may not upload, post, send or transmit to or through the Service any materials that violate third party intellectual property rights. If you believe that any copyrighted work owned by you has been copied or used in such a manner so as to constitute copyright infringement in connection with material or data provided through the Service, you may notify Betsociety's designated copyright agent for receiving claims of copyright infringement as follows: Betsociety Inc. 428 Samildae-ro #1512, Jongro-gu Seoul, Korea Attention: Copyright Agent Email: email@example.com Please note, however, that as referred to in more detail in Betsociety's Copyright Policy, certain legal requirements and restrictions apply with respect to such notices. You are encouraged to familiarize yourself with such requirements and restrictions before providing to us any notices of alleged copyright infringement.
21. General Provisions
Contacting BetsocietyIf you have any questions about these terms or our Service generally you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose and ScopeThis Policy describes how Betsociety Inc. ("Betsociety," "us," or "we") collects, uses, stores, manages and discloses information, including personal information, that our users ("you" or "users") provide or we collect in connection with our websites (collectively, the "Site") or any Betsociety game or other application or services available on other websites or other third party sources (collectively, the "Service"). Personal information may include, for example, your name, email address or credit card number. This Policy applies only to information collected or received by Betsociety through your use of the Service. Any link to the sites or any third party does not imply that Betsociety is affiliated with or sponsors that third party. Betsociety is not responsible for the actions, products or services of any third party, the content of any third party site, or the use or disclosure of any information you provide to any third party.
Information Collected and How it is Used
iOS or Android PlatformsBetsociety automatically collects and records certain information when you access or use a Betsociety game. This information includes your unique device ID ("IDFA" (iOS) and/or "Advertiser ID" (Android)), your geographic location (based on your Internet Protocol ("IP") address), the version of your operating system ("OS"), your game platform ID ("GPF ID"), (which is an ID assigned to you that will be used to help associate your identity across multiple platforms) and your in-game activity. We may associate an IDFA (iOS) or Advertiser ID (Android) with personal information or with other persistent device identifiers (for example, IDFA, Advertiser ID, SSAID, MAC address, or IMEI) at any time. We use this information to assist with understanding trends in usage and for help with tracking and correcting errors. We also use (and may provide to third party analytics providers as described below) country-level geographic location information to enforce our Terms of Service, customize the user experience and make recommendations to you. We may also give you the opportunity to opt-in to location-based services, which utilize a device's GPS coordinates. You may opt-out of these location services via the settings on your device.
Third-Party MarketplacesBetsociety provides games and the Service via third party marketplaces, such as Facebook's Canvas App, Apple's App Store and Google's Android Market. These marketplaces may collect information about you or receive information from us in the course of providing or analyzing their services. Betsociety is not responsible for these marketplaces, and is not affiliated with or responsible for the actions of these third parties. You should review these third parties' terms of service and privacy policies, which are separate from Betsociety's.
Push Notifications & Local NotificationsBetsociety may, with your consent, send push notifications to your mobile device to provide game updates and other relevant messages. You can manage push notifications from the "options" or "settings" page within the relevant game. You may also be able to manage them from your device's settings page for the relevant game. Betsociety may also send local notifications to your mobile device to provide game updates and other relevant information. You can manage local notifications from the "options" or "settings" page within the relevant game.
Facebook Connect and TwitterYou may be able to use Facebook Connect or Twitter to sign into the Service and authenticate against Facebook or Twitter, allowing you to be recognized "in-app" based on your Facebook or Twitter account. If you do so, Betsociety will collect information that is visible via your Facebook or Twitter account. That information may include: your name, your gender, your date of birth, your Facebook or Twitter ID, your URL, and a list of your Facebook friends. This information will be used mainly for user registration and in social features, which may include friend-to-friend interaction, chat or messaging functionality, public leaderboards, head-to-head competition and other similar features.
Our SiteYour OS, IP address, access times, browser type and language and referring Web site addresses may be logged automatically when you visit the Site. We may also collect information about your usage and activity, such as number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time of this activity. We may use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Service.
Ad NetworksBetsociety may install certain software development kits ("SDKs") in the Service. These SDKs may collect your IDFA (iOS) and/or Advertiser ID (Android) and certain other data, including but not limited to IP address, geo-location and OS information. This information may be used to calculate conversion rates and other elements of advertising performance.
Other Methods of CollectionBetsociety may also acquire information from you through other activities you may participate in, which may include
Disclosure of Your Personal InformationYour personal information will not be disclosed outside of Betsociety and its affiliates other than as approved by you or as follows:
Analytics/Other ToolsBetsociety may include in the Service tools, which may include tools from third party service providers, that may enable Betsociety and these third parties to analyze your and other users' information. This information may include your IDFA (iOS) and/or Advertiser ID (Android), Media Access Control ("MAC") address, International Mobile Equipment Identity ("IMEI") number, version of iOS or Android, specific type of device, mobile carrier, IP address and session start and end times. Betsociety and such third parties may use that information to detect the country of the user and to otherwise analyze user engagement. User engagement analysis may include, but is not limited to, tracking a user's level and game progressions such as in-game currency ("soft currency") purchases and spending and premium in-game currency ("hard currency") purchases and spending. Third parties may also have access to your personal information in connection with the performance of their services, but they will not be permitted to use such information, other than in anonymized, aggregated form, for any purpose other than providing their services.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Third Party AdvertisementsA "cookie" is a data file that is transferred to a user's computer and is intended to identify that computer. Cookies also are used to maintain information about a user's visit to a site or game, such as user names, passwords and individual preferences. The Service sends cookies to your computer when you access a Betsociety game or view content of a game. Information contained in a cookie may be linked to your personal information. That information may be used for a variety of purposes including improving the quality and ease of use of the Service and making recommendations more specific to you. Betsociety may also collect information using "Web beacons" or "gifs." These are electronic images that may be used on the Site or in email to deliver cookies, count visits and to tell if an email has been opened and actioned. The Service may include third party advertisements. These ads may be served by third party advertising companies that deliver cookies to your computer, allowing these companies to track the ads. As a result, these companies will be able to recognize your computer when they send you an advertisement. These advertisers may use information about your visits to our Service in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
AdvertisementsBetsociety games may be advertised in other applications. After clicking on one of these advertisements and installing our game, you will become a user of the Service. In order to prevent fraud and verify the installs, your IDFA (iOS) and/or Advertiser ID (Android)) may be shared with the advertiser.
Changing or Deleting Your InformationYou may change or delete information by following the process provided in the Betsociety game, unless we have to keep the information for legitimate business or legal reasons. If you delete certain of your information, your account may become deactivated. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
International Transfer of InformationBetsociety may transfer information (including personal information) that we collect about you to our affiliates or to other third parties that may be outside of your country. If you are located in the European Union or in another country or jurisdiction, such locations may have laws governing data collection and use that differ from the governing law. Please note that you are transferring information and allowing Betsociety or others to transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to the transfer of information to the U.S. and Republic of Korea and the use and disclosure of information about you, including personal information, as described in this Policy.
SecurityBetsociety implements reasonable security measures to protect the security of your information and is committed to protect customer information. It is important that you protect and maintain the security of your account and that you immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account. If you forget the password to your account, the Site allows you to ask for instructions on how to reset your password. When you sign into your account or enter payment information (such as a credit card number when purchasing virtual currency), the transmission of that information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology ("SSL"). Although Betsociety takes reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our websites and records, no Internet transmission is completely secure. Accordingly, Betsociety cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We strongly recommend that you take steps to keep your personal information secure (including your account password), and to log out of your account after use.
Modifications to this PolicyBetsociety may modify this Policy from time to time. We will post all changes to this Policy on this page or another location on the Site and the modified policy will specify its effective date. You are obligated to check the Site to confirm whether the Policy has been modified.
Contacting UsIf you have any questions about this Policy or our Service generally you may contact us at email@example.com